|Creating and Editing Your Blackboard Profile
The purpose of this document is to provide students and faculty with step-by-step instructions on how to create and edit a profile in Blackboard. This profile shows key information about the student and faculty and an image. This helps create a sense of personalization in an online environment.
If you only wish to edit your Blackboard profile, proceed to Step 13.
This procedural document assumes that users are logged in to Blackboard.
1. In the upper-right corner of the screen, click the Global Navigation drop-down menu
The Global Navigation drop-down menu displays.
2. Click the Edit My Blackboard Profile button. This button is denoted by the Grey head/profile picture in the upper-left corner of the Global Navigation menu. If you are editing your profile, please skip to Step 13, otherwise, follow the remainder of the steps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are creating your profile, the image will be a grey head. If you are editing your profile, the image will be the image you selected for your profile.
The Blackboard Social End User Terms of Service screen displays.
3. Click to select the I have read these terms and agree to them and am at least 13 years of age checkbox.
4. Click the Agree button.
The Primary Email Address screen displays.
5. In the My Primary Email Address field, enter your RMU email address.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only use your RMU email address. You cannot use any other email address.
6. Click the Submit button.
The Blackboard + myEdu screen displays.
7. Click the I Don't Have A MyEdu Account button.
The Let's Get Started page displays.
8. Fill out the form in its entirety.
9. When the form is completed, click the Done button.
The Privacy Settings screen displays.
10. Click the My Institution button. This share your profile with just those at RMU.
11. Click the Done button.
The Success! screen displays.
12. Click the View Your Profile button. The Blackboard home page displays.
13. Click the Global Navigation drop-down menu. The Global Navigation drop-down menu displays.
14. Click the Edit My Blackboard Profile button. This button is denoted by the Grey head/profile picture in the upper-left corner of the Global Navigation menu.
Your Blackboard profile displays.
15. To edit your profile picture and add additional information to your profile, click the Settings & Privacy button.
The Settings & Privacy screen displays.
16. To update your profile picture, click the Change Picture button.
17. If desired, in the How would you like your name displayed? field, modify the way your name displays in your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This only affects your profile, not how your name is displayed in your courses.
18. To add additional information to your profile, enter text in the What would you like to share about yourself? text area.
19. After all changes have been made, click the Save button.